Hiring consultants: “If you offer peanuts, you get monkeys”
- Tanzania shelled out so much to McKinsey in the early 1970s to help plan its future that the fees became a line item in the country’s budget. Wow. BTW, that’s where the quote in the title came from.
- Only 20% make the cut (once you’re in)
- 85% of the firm’s roughly $7 billion in annual revenues comes from repeat customers
- Arglye socks and mustaches were a “no no”. Funny.
- McKinsey had 75 people in 1960. Compare that to the 18,000 today.