Masters of the universe
Interesting article from the NYTimes on the people who run the world – a.k.a. the ~2500 billionaires. A few points that caught my eye:
- Six of the top 10 billionaires made their money in technology
- A new billionaire is created every three days in Asia(!), with 65 percent of the region’s billionaires in China. So much for communism not being the way.
- 57 percent are self-made, and another 31 percent received an inheritance and grew it into billions.
- Over half of all billionaires are worth between $1 billion and $2 billion. Go up to $5 billion and there are 2,101.
- More of today’s billionaires went to Harvard than to any other school. Stanford was second.
Definitely worth the read.